This page is intended to give links to valuable resources. It is currently a work in progress and will grow over time. Please let me know if you have valuable resources that should be added.
- Reaching For the Stars – This is an organization founded by 2 mom’s who have children with CP. They work to raise awareness in Washington and the communities. They also sponsor a yearly conference to help educate parents on treatment options.
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke – Conducts and supports research on brain and nervous system disorders. Created by the U.S. Congress in 1950, NINDS is one of the more than two dozen research institutes and centers that comprise the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The NIH, located in Bethesda, Maryland, is an agency of the Public Health Service within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. NINDS has occupied a central position in the world of neuroscience for more than 50 years.
More than 600 disorders afflict the nervous system. Common disorders such as stroke, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, and autism are well-known. Many other neurological disorders are rare-known only to the individuals and families affected, their doctors, and scientists who look to rare disorders for clues to a general understanding of the brain as well as for treatments for specific diseases. Neurological disorders strike an estimated 50 million Americans each year, exacting an incalculable personal toll and an annual economic cost of hundreds of billions of dollars in medical expenses and lost productivity.
- Tender One’s Therapy– Tender One’s Therapy is owned by Noreene Scott. She is an incredible therapist and does tremendous work. Her intensive therapy program has helped Haley reach new heights every year we visit.
- Knight Bikes and Skateboards Knight Bikes is located in Dacula Ga and Miami Fl. Bob Broadley is the owner and is a heck of a gentleman. Along with providing the regular bikes and skateboards he also special builds and orders adaptive bikes and his prices are reasonable. He works with you till everything is just right and provides top notch service.
- United Cerebral Palsy
- March of Dimes
- Cerebral Palsy Institute research foundation
- Pedal with Pete
- Blaze Sports